There are few things worse than being charged with a crime, as serious penalties suddenly and ominously hang overhead. Fortunately, those who’ve been charged with crimes in New Jersey can depend on our experienced Bergen County criminal defense lawyer to fight for them. Contact the Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri today to learn more about how our legal team can assist you through every step of the process ahead.
Bergen County Criminal Defense Lawyer | Fighting for You
All pending criminal charges create uncertainty in your life; whether you are wrongfully accused or simply made a mistake. This worrying takes over your life as you think about your future as well as worrying about the effects on your family members. You need a lawyer who will take into account the entire situation as it affects you and your family, and you can rely on an experienced Bergen County criminal defense lawyer right here at our firm to fight for you.
Cases We Handle
The Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri handles a wide array of criminal matters, including the following:
Being charged with a Sexual Assault or sexually-based crime is incredibly serious. Those allegations have devastating legal consequences as well as emotional consequences from the “scarlet letter” stigma that occurs with just the mere allegation. The criminal legal system is designed for the State of New Jersey to prove a person’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, but in reality, the label “sex offender” compels the accused to demonstrate that they are not a “sex offender” or merely had a misunderstanding. Therefore, all Sexual Assault allegations need to be scrutinized to identify the small nuances that make the difference in negotiating a good plea offer or winning a not guilty verdict at trial. The consequences of getting a conviction for a Sexual Assault charge or sexually based charge are life-altering. Such consequences can include mandatory prison time, Megan’s Law Registration and Parole Supervision for Life / Community Supervision for Life.
Don’t trust just anyone with your case. Speak with an experienced New Jersey sex crimes attorney today. Lisa Squitieri has over 19 years working as a Prosecutor for the sex crime unit of the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office. Lisa Squitieri has over 30 years of trial attorney experience and is a retired Chief Assistant Prosecutor who retired in charge of the Sexual Investigations Unit. Her trial experience and superior negotiating skills will get you results so you can get your life back. We handle a wide array of sex crimes, including:
- Sexual Assault
- Child Pornography
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact
- Criminal Sexual Contact
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Abuse and Neglect
- Human Trafficking
The demands of complying with Megan’s Law are extremely burdensome on a person’s life, but you have options. Attorney Lisa Squitieri has been litigating Megan’s Law tier and termination hearings since 1995. Lisa Squitieri ran the Megan’s Law Unit for the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office and personally handled all aspects of the registration/tiering/termination process. Her experience with Megan’s Law tier hearings and termination hearings is unmatched. Lisa Squitieri handles:
- Tier Hearings
- Tier Reduction Motions
- Change in Circumstances Motions
- Termination of Megan’s Law requirements
- Termination of Parole Supervision For Life
- Termination of Community Supervision For Life
- Parole Conditions Modifications
Whether you are a victim of domestic violence or are facing domestic violence charges, you need to have an experienced litigator on your side. If facing an impending Final Restraining Order hearing, you need to protect yourself. In New Jersey, a Final Restraining Order, if awarded by the Court, lasts forever and negatively impacts your life. Those negative impacts can be a monetary fine, having your name be placed on the Domestic Violence Registry, affect professional licenses, expose you to deportation if you are not a United States citizen. If a Final Restraining Order is issued, it then exposes you to criminal charges if you violate the Final Restraining Order purposely or accidentally. Therefore, the best time to fight the issuance of a Final Restraining Order is BEFORE the Order is final once you get served with the Temporary Restraining Order. Lisa Squitieri has decades of trial experience and exceptional negotiation skills to get you the best result possible. Lisa Squitieri and her team have experience in handling domestic violence matters for both sides. No legal issue or set of facts is too complicated.
If you have a Final Restraining Order, you may be able to apply to the Court to request that the Final Restraining Order be dismissed if certain conditions are met. Contact Lisa Squitieri today to see if you qualify for termination of the Restraining Order.
Having to get the phone call that your child has been arrested or wanted for questioning is a parent’s worst nightmare. If you have a child who has been arrested for a criminal offense or is the target of an investigation, it is essential that you hire an experienced attorney to advocate on his/her behalf and help you navigate through the complicated layout of the juvenile justice system. Lisa Squitieri’s team has experience handling Juvenile cases from both the prosecutorial side and defense side and will work tirelessly to advocate for your child so that being arrested or the target of an investigation will not hurt your child’s future.
Additional Bergen County Criminal Cases We Handle
The Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri also handles many other criminal matters, including the following:
- Drug Offenses: If you’ve been charged with the possession, intent to distribute, or the manufacturing of a drug, our firm is here to protect you.
- Assault: Often, assault charges are issued due to misunderstandings or a response to acting in self-defense. No matter your case, our firm is prepared to fight for your rights.
- Human Trafficking: Human trafficking is one of the most devastating charges anyone can face, and upon conviction, the guilty party may spend years, or even the remainder of their life, in prison. Our firm can help you fight the charges.
- Homicide: If you are facing murder or manslaughter charges, you need an experienced Bergen County criminal defense lawyer on your side.
- Theft-related crimes: Whether it was the unlawful taking of property of another or an elaborate Ponzi scheme, we are here to help you navigate through the system to fight for your rights.
- Traffic Offenses: Traffic offenses, such as speeding, reckless driving, or cell phone violations can warrant points on your driver’s license, high fines, and, at times, the suspension of your license. If your driving privileges are at stake, our firm is here to help.
- Violation of Parole/Probation: Violating parole or probation often results in jail or prison time. Unfortunately, people sometimes don’t even realize they’re violating the terms of their probation/parole or do not realize their exposure to a Parole or Probation violation when they plead to a secondary crime. If you find yourself in this situation, our firm will fight for you.
Contact a Bergen County Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you’ve been charged with any of the aforementioned crimes, the most important thing you can do is retain knowledgeable legal counsel as soon as you can. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. Contact the Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri today to schedule your initial consultation with our legal team.