Sex crimes are viewed by society as among the worst crimes a person can be accused of, and courts will seek to punish those accused accordingly. That is why anyone facing sex crime charges needs an aggressive New Jersey sex crimes attorney on their side who can combat their charges, every step of the way. Contact the Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri today to learn more about these charges and how we can help you fight them.
New Jersey Sex Crimes Attorney | Protecting Your Rights
Here at the Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri, we believe that everyone is entitled to a strong legal defense and the demand for a proper investigation. Many people are wrongfully accused of sex crimes every single day, and our goal is to ensure anyone accused of such a crime has his rights protected. You can depend on a knowledgeable Bergen County criminal defense lawyer right here at our firm to fight for your rights from start to finish.
Cases We Handle
The Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri handles a wide array of sex crimes throughout the state of New Jersey. Just some of the sex crimes that our firm handles and has handled in the past are as follows:
- Sexual Assault: In New Jersey, a sexual assault offense involves sexual penetration or sexual contact under various scenarios including force or coercion. New Jersey law seeks to protect rape victims from their abusers, and if you are someone who has been charged with sexual assault, you will have a lot on the line, such as your reputation and your freedom. You cannot afford to proceed without an experienced New Jersey sex crimes attorney on your side. Our firm has defended countless individuals accused of sexual assault in the past, and we are prepared to defend you as well.
- Indecent Exposure: Lewdness & Indecent exposure, is essentially when someone exposes their intimate parts to others for their own sexual gratification and without consent. Lewdness comes with very serious penalties and can entail incarceration, high fines, and more. Do not face an accusation of lewdness on your own.
- Child Pornography: The possession, distribution, or manufacturing of child pornography has the potential to ruin a person’s life. Unfortunately, in many cases, people face child pornography charges without even realizing they were committing a crime. If you are facing such charges, you need competent legal assistance on your side.
- Human Trafficking: Human Trafficking occurs when the accused holds, recruits, harbors, transports, or encourages someone to engage in sexual activity or labor and they are under 18 years of age or they are under the power and control of the accused. Human trafficking has very serious consequences, including potentially serving life in prison.
- Prostitution: Prostitution is a crime that involves one party exchanging money or property for sexual acts, such as intercourse. Prostitution is recognized as a very serious crime in the state of New Jersey, and those arrested for it can guarantee that they will face consequences that may land them in jail, cost high fines, and more.
- Child Sexual Abuse/Child Molestation: If you’ve been charged with molesting a child, you can expect to spend decades in prison if you do not have competent legal counsel on your side. Unfortunately, many accusations of child molestation are simply false and are used to game the system. This is unacceptable. Our firm has fought on behalf of people who’ve been falsely accused of child molestation, and we are prepared to fight for you as well.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence charges can tear a family apart, and we’ve seen it happen. That being said, many times domestic violence accusations are false, exaggerated, or otherwise untrue and merely a strategic position during a break up or divorce. You should note that domestic violence cases are a time-sensitive matter, as often it only takes 10 days until a final restraining order hearing, where you can permanently be barred from coming into contact with the accuser or their family, including your own children. That is why anyone who’s been charged with domestic violence should retain the services of a knowledgeable New Jersey domestic violence attorney as soon as they possibly can.
- Internet Sex Crimes: Internet sex crimes have drastically spiked over the last few years. Some examples of internet sex crimes include child pornography, revenge porn, and cyberstalking. Our firm has the knowledge and resources to effectively defend you against such charges, every step of the way.
- Supervision for Life: If you were released on parole and placed on supervision for life, you should strongly consider hiring an attorney who can interact with your parole officer on your behalf. If you are currently accused of violating the terms of your supervision for life, you should speak with an attorney who can work to keep you out of jail or prison.
Potential Penalties for Sex Crimes in New Jersey
As you can imagine, the penalties for any sort of sex crime in the state of New Jersey are severe. Just some of the penalties you may face are time in jail or prison, high fines, you may be placed on permanent probation even after you are released from jail/prison, and you will most likely become a registered sex offender.
Megan’s Law requires all those who’ve been convicted of certain sex offenses to become part of the sex offender registry. This means that in most cases, the general public, including your neighbors and employers, will know who you are, what you’ve done, and where you live. You do not need us to explain how significantly this can affect your life.
If you are on Megan’s Law and you have been accused of violating Megan’s Law, there is nothing more important than hiring an experienced New Jersey Megan’s Law attorney as soon as you possibly can. A conviction could result in you never being able to terminate Megan’s Law.
We are here to fight to keep you from trying to keep you off the sex offender registry list, and if you are already on it, we can fight to have your name removed.
Contact a New Jersey Sex Crimes Attorney
The bottom line is that if you’ve been charged with a sex crime, you need competent legal representation, and fast. You cannot afford to hire just any attorney; you need an aggressive, understanding, and experienced New Jersey sex crimes attorney from the Law Office of Boyd & Squitieri to effectively represent you through every step of the legal process ahead. We represent clients throughout the state of New Jersey, including in Passiac County, Sussex County, Morris County, Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Warren County, Somerset County, Hunterdon County, and Middlesex County. Contact our firm today to schedule your initial consultation.